Friday, September 26, 2008

Weight Loss At Work?

This weeks episode was centred around a corporate initiated contest for the branch employees to try and loose the most weight as a group when compared to the other branches. This episode highlights the fact that many people with a seditary office job lifestyle are overweight.

I can defintely relate some of the scenes from this show to my experience this summer, working in an office. It appeared as though there was a neverending supply of junk food to go around. Within the first 5 minutes I had entered our work area, a women offered me a cookie. Furthermore, we seemed to have a party for some occasion every other day. Now don't get me wrong, I loved the parties, they provided a jolt of excitment in an otherwise mundane day. However on the other hand, it is easy to see how someone could easily become overweight with all of the junk food around. There was one week in particular where I had been to an office party three days in a row, and a co-worker stopped by my cubicle to say "come for ice-cream in the break room." I declined the invitation because I was not hungry in the slightest, and I didn't want to be around any more food.

In the scene where the staff was throwing a party for Stanely, they had been advised to only offer fruit, No Cake. I think it is probably is a good idea to offer healthy alternatives at work parties. When surprise parties pop up, it is not as though you had been hungry beforehand, however, one may be inclined to eat the cake when they see it there in front of them, especially when situated among co-workers. Attending these parties is an important opportunity to socialize with coworkers who were previously separated from one another through cubicles.

(Every week I'm Going To Share My Funniest Moments. I'm Hoping You Will Share Yours Too)

Funniest Moments:
Michael grew a gautee in order to copy Ryan. When Dwight noticed there was a group gautee trend, he also grew one. When Ryan shaved his beard off, Michael shaved his beard. Dwight noticed that Michael no longer had a beard, so he covered his newly grown beard.

4 comments:

jjccjc said...

I know at my office, we frequently go for coffee breaks just to stop the boredom-thirst or hunger-are never the issue. When my boss suggested a coffee pot in the office to say time at coffee breaks, there was a mass outcry since no one was interested in saving anu time.

Unknown said...

I thought that was funny too. My funniest momments also involved Dwight. With his efforts to win the contest and stop the others from eating by spraying the food, sabbotaging the vending machine and kicking over the cake.

Souki said...

a funny moment this week for me was when my friends and I bought nerf guns to play with.

it's for ages 6 and up! so we totally qualify =)

Stephanie Waknine said...

awsome episode!
great way to start the season back up.
Kelly is hilarious.
The show is such an exaggeration, but at the same time it's dead on.